More Maggie Sue's and Therapy in miniatures

I've bought four more Maggie Sue dolls over the last couple of weeks. 

It's very difficult to decide which ones to get when you can't see them in person. But that all changed today......

There are very few Dollshouse shops around these days and until quite recently I did not know of any in the North East. I have been buying all my miniatures online via Ebay and Facebook and found three lovely sellers that we could actually drive to. One in County Durham and two in North Yorkshire (one of which is the lady I who sells the Maggie Sue's). After such a very long time of not visiting Dollshouse shops we have managed to visit all three in the past two weeks. 


KiKi's Dinkies and Dolls House in Bollihope near Frosterly

Last Wednesday myself, my bestie Alison and my new neighbour Suzanne, visited the lovely Kiki of Kiki's Dinkies (and her cat Stumpi). Kiki lives in an amazing little cabin on a secluded caravan park and has her HQ in a static caravan just steps away from her door.  Every inch of her HQ was filled with wonderful miniatures. Kiki said she got into miniatures after her health declined. Having to give up her career, she found solice in the form of a new hobby, Miniatures.  She started selling a few bits here and there and her hobby soon became a business. Pre covid she sold at Tynemouth market with the help of her Mum, but she mostly sells online now. What a wonderfully peaceful way of life she has, we could have just moved in.  I spent way too much money but Alison spent more so I didn't feel too guilty 😄.


MB Preloved Dolls Houses, Furniture and accessories (Mini Bees) in Loftus near Saltburn

On Friday we visited another lovely lady Mandy, on route to Alison’s caravan at Flamingoland. Mandy was previously an officer of the law and she was injured in the line of duty. Dollshouse miniatures helped with her recovery and as with Kiki, it became her business. She sold her items online using a local community centre as her base. During the first lockdown she could not get access to the centre so she opened a shop on Loftus front street. She mostly sells preloved furniture and miniatures but also makes her own miniatures. I spent well again but Alison still beat me. 


Weaverthorpe Dollshouse and Miniatures near Malton.

Today we visited Pauline of Weaverthorpe Miniatures. I have purchased  quite a lot from Pauline's Ebay shop, notably my Maggie Sue Dolls, so I was very excited for our visit there. It was astonishing!!! .....The shop runs along the side of Pauline's house. It seemed to go on forever. There was so much to see, we were in our element, we had hit the jackpot.  

Pauline told me she was left for dead after a hit and run. Her injuries were extreamly severe and she suffered brain damage. Dollshouse miniatures became her saviour, they helped her recover better and faster than anyone could have anticipated. She is a remarkable lady and truly is an inspiration. 

The front part of the shop has everything you can think of, the back part of the shop houses lots of displays to give visitors inspiration.


I bought a tiny baby Maggie Sue Doll, and a gentleman with his pants round his ankles for the pub loo.  I'm totally addicted to them.....


Pauline said she makes the dolls and Maggie (who is 88) makes the clothes. Big, big spend today and you've guessed it Alison still beat me.


These three ladies all found a love for miniatures after serious life changing events, just the same as I did. It is tremendous therapy and a little world you can loose yourself in. You can't put a price on that.......

Comments

Popular Posts