I'm back

Gosh, I can't believe it's been almost 9 years since my last post.  A lot has happened since then.  I have another Grandchild and we have moved home. I have bought and sold a lot of  dollshouses in that time.

It's true you can 'NEVER' have too many dollshouses.....

I should know I've owned 17 in the last 16 years, two of which I bought to simply do up and flip. I've also decorated 2 houses for other people (one for my youngest daughter's little cousin and the other for my son-in-law's cousin).

For the last couple of years I have only had three properties. My pride and joy (and 1st project) Springwood Cottage, my Triang house which had migrated to the loft and a second hand DHE Magpies. 

Magpies became the 3rd location for the takeaway and cafe, the 4th location for the toy shop, sweet shop, and newsagents, and the 5th location for the pub. 

I'd always hung onto Springwood no matter what, as it got me through a very tough time in my life, but sadly now I have had to let it go. We downsized from a 3 bedroom house to a 1 bedroom flat. This drastic change meant that unfortunately there was no room for any of my dollshouses and they all had to be sold. 

That was 6 months ago and I'm really starting to miss my miniature world. My pal Alison still has her huge Mansion House which in 15 years still hasn't been finished and together we plan to do some work on that but it's not the same as having my own. 

I am now seriously considering buying another 1/24th scale cottage. I still have Ebb and Flo and the 1/24th furniture so it seems silly not too. I have chopped and changed houses and decoration a ridiculous amount of times over the last 16 years, not always for the better. I have made some really silly mistakes through rushing and jumping the gun without thinking things through.

So if I do decide to buy another one it will be my one and only dollhouse, a keeper, so I need to get it right first time. I'd want it to be something really special, I am on the hunt to see if anything can tempt me. 

WATCH THIS SPACE .....


Comments

Popular Posts