Emily's Christmas Present.

A few years ago my Mam bought a 1/12th house.  only got as far as building the carcass, and it's sat for many years under plastic sheeting. A few months ago my Mam gifted the dollshouse to my Grandaughter Emily.

Emily now wants me to do it up, for her Christmas present. Of course I've jumped at the chance, but as I live in a one bedroom flat space is tight. The only place I can put it is where my Christmas tree will stand. That means it's all systems go as the tree normally goes up 1st December yikes!!!

Day 1

STAIRS...First job was to widen the openings for the staircase so that I could use the in all-in-one railings that I had left from jubilees  basement kit. 


BATHROOM...I always find the bathroom difficult to place. I mean you don't want guests to walk through your bedroom to get to the bathroom and visa versa. You don't really want to climb 2 flights of stairs to spend a penny either. 

I decided to alter the layout of the interior walls, and added additional walls to give the impression there is a passage leading to the bathroom on the first floor.


I'm going to add a false door at the back of the bathroom to give the impression there is access from the make believe passage.

FRONT...I've glued the quoins and lintels into place and added the door canopy. I'm planning to fix the front to the house with magnets once I've decorated it.

ROOF...I didn't want to do of a hinged roof this time. So I have glued ridge chimney stacks to the front panel of the roof and hooked them over the back panel to hold the roof in place.

Not bad going for the first day. I need a rest now lol x



Comments

Popular Posts