Kit bashing

I've always made a few alterations to kits I have bought in the past and Jubilee is no exception. It started with the addition of an exterior staircase instead of stairs within the rooms and I'm altering quite a lot more as I'm going along. I've learnt just recently that this is called kit bashing.  

The basement kit has had quite a few alterations. I bought this particular basement based on it's dimensions, it was the perfect size for where it was going to stand. But there were quite a few things I didn't like about the front of it.


I felt the arched stairs were not in keeping with the rest of my project, and I couldn't see how the door could be accessed from the bottom of the stairs. Yes, I know it's only make believe, and that my little people aren't real, but I can't be the only person who wonders about things like this. 

I decided to replace the arched stairs with a single set of stairs instead and changed the single door of the basement to a large double door.


I don't like the balcony railings so I've ordered some new ones, and I'm undecided whether I like the windows, I think they need to be a bit bigger so that I can see into the rooms easier.

Another major change is that I have got rid of the conservatory. It seemed very low in comparison to the first floor ceiling and it just didn't look right.


Instead I now have this little kiosk which I've attached to the side of the tea room. This will be a takeaway which will also serve as the tea room's kitchen.

In other news after weeks of pondering my granddaughter and I have reached our final decision on what is going in each room. 

The attic will be an Arcade will slots and game machines.

The miiddle floor will be the new home of Wilson's Sweet shop and Newsagents. 

The first floor will be Mags Tea Room, with Chippie's Takeaway in the kiosk. 

The basement will be split, 2/3 will be The Miners Arms pub and 1/3 Lee-Lee's Toy Shop. I'm not sure yet which side each will be on.

Watch this space.....for more kit bashing lol 😆

Comments

Popular Posts