Pram makeover

I bought a metal pram for less than £10 from a dollshouse shop.
 

I've transformed it using cardboard, fabric, double sided tape and craft glue. 

I transformed one around 15 years ago using the same type of pram as a base,  that one had a fixed hood and it was very tricky to do, I was never really satisfied with how it turned out.

This time the pram had a movable hood that I was able to remove so it was much easier to work with. 


I covered the body with cardboard, using double sided tape and slightly padded the inside with a cotton wool pad.  


I then lined the inside with a lovely checked material. Using double sided tape again, I covered the outside of the pram with a contrasting blue fabric. 


The hood was covered in the same blue fabric and lined with cardboard that I'd covered in the checked fabric. 

The apron was made with cardboard covered and lined with the same fabrics.

The prams handle was finished off with a piece of jersey material soaked with glue.

I'm now searching for something to make tyres for the wheels. 

Comments

Popular Posts