Let the build begin.

Finally started our Jubilee shop yesterday.
My Grandaughter Emily and I are doing this one together.

Emily really got hands on building the carcass, and she is a dab hand with the wood glue. She struggled with the screwdriver as she has issues with her coordination and motor skills. We are currently waiting to find out if she has dyspraxia but I think this project will be great therapy for her. 


After careful consideration we decided not to put the stairs inside, as it would limit the amount of furniture we could put in. Em was really proud to finish the first stage and wondered if we could somehow put the stairs on the outside. 


I set about trying to utilise the stairs that came with the kit today while she was at school. It was very tricky and time consuming but I hope she likes what I've done so far. 

EDIT
Finished the stairs Tuesday. Em loves them, her little face lit up. I plan to spay paint them at the weekend, with Em's help of course.

Comments

Popular Posts