It's been a while


It's been quite a while since I updated my blog. A full time job and 2 baby grandchildren have taken up all of my time. I was lucky enough to acquire a large manor house last year. It previously belonged to a friend of my daughters. She had owned it for several years and in that time it had only had a few windows painted red.  Needless to say it is a very time consuming project as it has 12 room/landings to decorate and I don't get much time to 'play' (as my family call it). My eldest daughter Vicki along with her husband and my 2 grandchildren had moved in so space was short. Having all my miniatures under one roof made sense and I rehomed all my other houses. I still wanted to have a newsagents and toy shop and a cafe as well, so I decided to move them into the new house and make it into a department store. Mr Wilson Department Store has a cafe, a toy shop, a newsagents, and a new a hair salon. Market Square has also relocated to the entrance of the department store and other possibilities are a florists, a milliners and an odds and ends shop. I might even relocate the Miners Arms, who knows.


I haven't decided yet if Wedding Belles will be relocating to the department store. I wasn't really happy with the first house that I made into Wedding Belles because it was very child like. I sold it and bought a corner shop instead. I was excited when I first bought it, but it was a big mistake.  It only had 2 rooms and an attic and I was limited to what I could fit into it. It was very awkward to decorate because of it's shape and just as difficult to furnish. Lesson learnt 'the grass isn't always greener on the otherside'.  This has dampened my spirits and I've lost interest in the whole wedding shop idea.

Still plenty to keep me occupied though and plenty of ideas running through my head.  Springwood has had a spring clean ready for the new family who are moving in. I found these resin figures online and I love them.

An expectant Mum and Dad, a young girl, a toddler, a stroppy teenager and Granny. 

Comments

Popular Posts