Dollshouse Restorations


This wonderful old dollshouse was passed onto my friend and neighbour Suzanne.

She wanted to make a bookshop and asked me if I could renovate it for her. 

The house was hand built by her friend's father well over 60 years ago. The poor thing had seen better days, but I love a challenge. I didn't want to massively change it as it was full of character, so I just repaired what I could and spruced it up a bit.


WORK CARRIED OUT
Removed old flooring and wallpaper.
Removed all old the lighting components and battery casing. 
Secured all the loose panel pins and removed the damaged ones.
Re-glued the loose ply on all the interior walls and roof panels.
Scraped the old paint and glue off the window panes.
Painted the exterior walls with 3 coats of textured paint then blended colours for a distressed look.
Made cardboard templates for all the interior walls as they were not smooth enough to paper.
Repaired the hinges on interior door.
Wallpapered both rooms and ceilings.
Painted pathways and roof with 3 coats of textured paint then blended colours for a distressed look. 
Painted window frames, doors and mock tudor apex.
Layed new flooring in both rooms.
Installed new light's and battery pack.
Made shop and street signs.




 

Comments

Popular Posts