Pages

About Me

My photo
I am 40+ and married with 2 grown up daughters and 2 fabulous grandchildren. I began to get into the dollshouse and miniatures craze after I was diagnosed with Breast Cancer in 2004. Having worked for most of my adult life, I found it hard to be at home for great lengths of time on my own. I became very interested in dolls houses because of a shop nearby which sells all sorts of dolls houses and miniatures. I got my first house Springwood cottage for Xmas that year and the rest is history, and so too is the cancer fingers crossed.

Sunday, September 6, 2009

dolls house update

Finally had some time to spend on my houses over the bank holiday, Mountfield is coming along nicely and I have made some changes to my other projects. I really enjoyed the hard work as I do not get much quality time to spend on them now I am working again. I am trying to moble Mountfield on my childhood home, although it looked nothing like Mountfield ( for a start it was a bungalow), but things inside are like bits I remember. My Mam and Dad had this wood panel along the fire breast and a brick effect wall in the kitchen, both of these have been replicated in Mountfield. They also had blue and white kitchen units which I have also added, and the loft is to become a play room like the one we used to have. Check out the new pictures.

2 comments:

TINK-SONIA said...

Hi Lesley,your dollhouse is so beautiful,miniregards from Spain,Sonia.

karina content said...

greetings from http://the-mouse-mansion.blogspot.com