Pages

About Me

My photo
I am 40+ and married with 2 grown up daughters and 2 fabulous grandchildren. I began to get into the dollshouse and miniatures craze after I was diagnosed with Breast Cancer in 2004. Having worked for most of my adult life, I found it hard to be at home for great lengths of time on my own. I became very interested in dolls houses because of a shop nearby which sells all sorts of dolls houses and miniatures. I got my first house Springwood cottage for Xmas that year and the rest is history, and so too is the cancer fingers crossed.

Tuesday, December 2, 2008


Went to the York Dolls House and Miniatures show again on Sunday. Got some great stuff. Main buy was a fab miniature pram, at a bargin price. It also came with a canopy like the old silver cross prams. Also took Fairbanks down to its new owner. I was a bit upset letting it go, but it has gone to a good home. I quickly cheered up though as I built up Mountfield on Moday and I am well impressed with it. It has loads of rooms and will take me a while to decorate. I might leave it till after Christmas.
At York I also invested in a lighting strip that allows you to turn off lights, I think this will make Mountfeild's lighting more realistic. The outside of Belle's is almost finished, just needs roof doing, the same goes for Ebb and Flo's Cottage.

1 comment:

Debbie said...

The Prams lovely..